- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Dessert recipe: Coconut milk jelly with palm sugar (Agar-agar santan dengan gula merah)
Desserts! :) I am sharing with you a simple jelly recipe made with coconut milk, egg and palm sugar. Palm sugar is made from date palm or the sugar date palm. It's is usually dark brown, some are light colour. It has special taste, smell and for this recipe it also added colour. Therefore, i didn't use any colouring for this jelly. This is 3rd time I'm trying to make jelly and thank god it turn out WELL!! hehe
The amount of sugar I used in this recipe makes the jelly moderate sweet. If you want it really sweet, you may add more white sugar not palm sugar. If you guest coming over, and you want to have lovely dessert. make jelly in cups a day before. When serving top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or cream with coco powder or fruits. I am sure you guest will love it. And, its easier than making cake... Enjoy trying this recipe and do share the desserts with your family and friends.
Note: For vegans, you may exclude the egg. It still gives you great taste.
- 20 gram jelly seaweed, can use jelly powder
- 1 cup palm sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 300 gram coconut milk
- 1 egg
- pandan leaf, or substitute with pandan essence
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- 1000 ml water
- Soak the jelly seaweed in water for 10 minutes. In pod add 1 Litre water, pandan leaf or essence and add the jelly seaweed. Let it boil and dissolve.
- Once the jelly almost dissolve, add palm sugar and white sugar. Let it boil another few minute.
- In a bowl of coconut milk, add egg, pinch of salt and vanila essence. Stir well until the mixture is even.
- Minimize the flame, pour the coconut milk in pod. Stir well. Once it start boiling again. Close the lid.
- Pour the mixture in jelly containers or any container that you desire. Let it cool down completely before you store in fridge. You can see the coconut milk mixture will gather on top and gives you 2 colour layer jelly.