- Food and Cooking
Dessert Recipes - Good Year Round
Easy Black Cherry Brownies with Cherry Frosting
Having a good dessert recipe especially easy recipes for summer treat are appreciated by family and friends.
You can make this delicious dessert in 15 minutes.
- 1 (19.5) package Duncan Hines family-style Chewy Fudge Brownie mix
- 2 cups frozen dark, sweet pitted cherries
- 1 (16.2 oz.) container Duncan Hines Fluffy White Frosting
- 1/2 cup black cherry preserves (Stir preserves in small bowl after measuring to smooth consistency.
Preheat oven to 350²
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Pour into a lightly greased 13" X 9" pan. Sprinkle Batter with frozen cherries.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 45 minutes).
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies.
- Spoon preserves over frosting gently swirl with a long wooden skewer or knife.
- Cut into squares.
Light and Tasty
Baking with Stoneware
Frozen Strawberry Salad
This is a light delicious dessert that can be served as a salad or as a dessert.
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar and mix with cream cheese
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen strawberries -light syrup
- 12 oz. Cool Whip
- 2 bananas, diced
- Mix together and freeze in individual cup cake liners.
- You may also add nuts of your choice.
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Peanut Brittle Brownie Bites
- 1 (19.95-02.) package DUNCAN HINES Family-Style Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped peanut brittle
Preheat oven to 350º
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudgy brownies, stirring peanuts into batter.
- Pour into 2 (24-cup) lightly greased miniature muffin pans.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes.
- MICROWAVE chocolate morsels and cream in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 30 to 45 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring at 15-second intervals.
- Spread chocolate mixture over brownies, and sprinkle with peanut brittle.
White Chocolate Blondies - Dessert Recipes - Rachel Allen
Frozen Cranberry Salad
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts ( pecans or walnuts)
Mix and freeze in paper cupcake cups.
Yield: 12 cups
How to Cake Make Molten Chocolate
Mint Brownie Ice-Cream Pie
Mint Brownie Ice-Cream Pie
- 1 (4.67-oz.) package thin creme de menthe chocolate mints
- 1 (17.6-02.) package DUNCAN HINES Chocolate Lover's Walnut Brownie Mix
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- Chop chocolate mints; reserve 3 Tbsp. chopped mints.
- Preheat over to 350º
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for cake-like brownies, stirring remaining chopped mints into batter.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased l0" spring form pan.
- BAKE for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 1 hour).
- Meanwhile, LET ice cream stand at room temperature 20 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Spread over cooled crust in pan. Freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove sides of pan. Let pie stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with reserved chocolate mints.
Hands-on Time: 15 min., Total Time: 4 hr., 50 min
Yield: 10-12 servings
It is always fun to try new deserts and, of course, our families love it when we are motivated to do make dessert. The strawberry (my favorite) and cranberry frozen desserts are delicious, especially in the summer heat. The other chocolate dessert recipes are delicious, and there is no bad time for chocolate. These are each a bit different, and I hope you will find one to try.
Some of My Other Food Hubs
- Tuna -Easy Blackened Tuna Recipe
If you like blackened fish, you will love this blackened tuna recipe with Cajun mustard. It is an easy recipe to cook and is ready in 20 minutes. Fish is low-fat plus it is a good quality protein, filled...
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe for a Fast Meal
Chicken pot pie is a favorite meal at our home, especially in cooler weather. This recipe is simple and I like it because it uses Crescent rolls for the crust, so it isn't as heavy as a pie crust. It...
- Summer Salad Recipes -Easy and Delicious
When it gets so hot in the summertime I get a recipe for salad and try new ones quite often. Since we are in FL with high humidity and it has hit 100 or close several days in a row, you lose you appetite...
© 2010 Pamela Oglesby