Dessert shooters - just the right size for a taste of something sweet
Dessert shooter glasses
Dessert shooters - mini desserts in shot glasses
I am the self-proclaimed queen of the dessert shooter - mini desserts served in shot glasses. I started experimenting with these dessert shooters a few years ago when I realized that large desserts were too big for my now 95 year old Mom. She always was asking for "a bit of something sweet" after dinner so I started scaling down dessert and serving it to her in small glasses, such as 2 ounce shot glasses. She's a fan.
I've become so accomplished at creating dessert shooters that I have my own website: DessertShooters.com. Come visit me and get some additional ideas and recipes to make your own delicious dessert shooters.
Dessert shooter presentation is important
Since dessert shooters are so small on taste, you should make them large on presentation. The very best dessert shooters are served in the very prettiest dessert glasses. Select a glass varying from 2 to 5 ounces - anything larger is just a full sized dessert. I try to match the glass to the particular dessert shooter I'm making. For example, the first glass shown to the right is my favorite for jello dessert shooters as the prism in the bottom reflects off the jello - the glass just glows when filled with jello, a bit of whipped cream and some graham cracker crumbs for texture.
When thinking about glasses for your dessert shooter, think outside the box and select items that may not normally be used to serve desserts. I like to use votive holders and teeny vases for an unusual type of dessert shooter presentation.
Or, if you prefer, serve your dessert shooter in chocolate cups - no dishes to wash!
Dessert shooter sets include glasses and spoons
Strawberry delight dessert shooter recipe
This strawberry delight dessert shooter is almost too easy to put together but it never fails to get raves from my dinner guests.
To make the Strawberry delight dessert shooter for two, you will need:
- 2 dessert shooter glasses
- Pound cake cut into small cubes. I use frozen pound cake and cut the whole thing into cubes and then throw it into freezer bags. Then, I just take out what I need when I'm putting together dessert shooters. Very easy!
- Strawberries cut in half
- Oreo cookies crumbled
- Whipped cream
- Add strawberries and just a teeny bit of sugar in a bowl and mix well. The sugar will make the strawberries juicy in about 5-10 minutes.
- Put 1 tsp of oreo cookie crumbs in the bottom of each dessert shooter glass.
- Add in a dollop of whipped cream and 2 tsp of the strawberries.
- Add in another layer of oreo cookie crumbs, strawberries and whipped cream.
- The top layer should be whipped cream sprinkled with more oreo cookie crumbs.
- Serve on a pretty silver tray and enjoy!
Make up your own dessert shooters
One of the coolest things to me about dessert shooters is that they're so much fun to make up. Mixing and matching ingredients based on colors, tastes and textures may give you some dessert ideas that you'd have never thought of otherwise.
Here's some ideas to get you started:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Any crushed cookie
- Any crushed nut
- Cookie dough
- Lady fingers
- Any pudding
- Any jello
- Cheesecake filling (this is a great invention and is in the refrigerator section of your grocer)
- Ice cream (always a welcomed addition)
- Pie filling
- Whipped cream
- Creme fraiche
- Cookie crumbs
- Any kind of ice cream sauce
- Chocolate jimmies
- Cinnamon candies
Here's a few other dessert shooter articles you might like
- Dessert Shooters - The new mini-dessert craze!
Dessert Shooters those mini-desserts you see on most restaurant menus these days are usually served in small glasses and are very big on delicious. In this article, you'll find links to supplies and a lot of recipe ideas including a key lime pie one.
- Mini Desserts in Shot Glasses Recipe
More delicious dessert shooter ideas can be found here.
DessertShooters.com is your one stop shop for finding great mini-dessert recipes and supplies. Come stop in and pick up the Recipe of the Month from DessertShooters.com
- The Top Five Dessert Shooters For Christmas
Come get some great ideas for dessert shooters to serve after a filling Christmas dinner.
- The Top Five Chocolate Dessert Shooters
Dessert shooters are all the rage in any restaurant these days. Not only are these tiny desserts made in shot glasses delicious, they can be very good if you're on a diet. Come see some of my favorite chocolate dessert shooters.