- Food and Cooking»
Metabolism Boosting Iced Green Tea
Green Tea The Miracle Drink
For years Green Tea has always risen to the top of the charts as one of the most consistently beneficial drinks. And it's no wonder why. Through multitudes of studies, this green elixer has proven to prolong life, curb diabetes, hunger, prevent cancer and much more. This is due to the polyphenol packed punch it delivers to the gut as the antioxidant soldiers fight the good fight against the free radicals waging war in our bodies. I had a blast making this colorful life breathing beverage and as usual, there's always a learning curve for the horrible cooker/drink maker as myself...
Don't put your honey in after you put the ice cubes in... Yeah, you'd think that'd be an obvious one, right?
In my video, you can see I put the honey in after I poured the tea over ice and cooled it off. Haha. Doesn't work so well, as far as getting the honey to mix together!
Well, I hope you enjoy this delightful beverage! Rate it and let me know what you think below!
- 8 Green Tea Bags, Mighty Leaf Tea
- 1 Cup Cucumber, Sliced
- 1 Cup Strawberries, Halved
- 1 Cup Lemons, Sliced
- 1 Quart Boiling Water, Don't burn yourself...
- 1/4 Cup Natural Organic Honey, It's the best
- 2 Cups Ice, or chill for 4 hours
- Boil a quart of water or if you have a temperature controlled pot, bring the water to 175 degrees, which is green teas favorite temp to bathe in.
- After showering the green tea bags, let them bathe and soak for about 5-10 mins.
- While your tea is on its way to prune heaven, sliced up your fruits and veggies.
- Pull the tea bags out and give them a good squeeze to get the leftover goodness out.
- Add honey to tea while it's still nice and hot, stirring until desolved.
- Add ice to tea to cool it down, before adding your colorful fruits and veggies. Check the temp. You might decide to add more ice to your liking.
- Add your fruits and veggies into their cold lake of antioxidants, while you stir them in.
- Serve and Enjoy!
The fruit will turn soft within the first few days, and nobody wants to eat the sad rotting strawberry corpses at that point. So, make sure you have enough people to consume it within the first day or two.
Detox Iced Green Tea
|Serving size: 8|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Carbohydrates 9 g||3%|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2017 Nikki Poole