- Food and Cooking
Dhokla recipe is originally from state of Gujarat, India. It is very popular in west part of Gujarat. This dish is now such a famous snack that many street-hawkers are using it as fast food snack and selling it successfully.
There are many ways with which dhokla is prepared either with chickpeas four, white lentils or split green lentils. It tastes good because it is steamed snack and can be prepared in short time. If more efforts are made to add seasoning and if served with spicy chutney or sweet chutney then it can be a good fast food snack.
|Serving size: 5-6 People|
|Calories from Fat||441|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 49 g||75%|
|Cholesterol 10 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp Soda bi-carb
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 200gms Gram flour
- 1/2 cup Fresh grated coconut
- 1 tbsp Lemon
- 1 Chopped green coriander
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 cup Curd (yogurt)
- 1tbsp Chopped green chili
- Take a bowl and add gram flour in it. Add some water into it and then mix yogurt while stirring it with water. Make sure you stir till of the lumps are removed from it.
- Once you find it as thick base then you can add salt in it and taste it to check if that is enough salt you wants from it. Smash green chilies and paper and make a paste of it. Add this paste into thick mixture in the bowl.
- Add turmeric powder to proportion to change the color of the mixture into yellow-white.
- Now take another bowl into which you want to form the shape for dhokla. You can take pan or pressure cooker to steam dhokla mixture. Before you add mixture to the pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and mix it well inside the pan. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon and soda-carb into the mixture and stir it for some time.
- Now you can add the mixture to pan and let it have steam for around 12-15 minutes. After that late the steamed mixture cool for while and once it gets cooled down you can drop it on plain surface and cut it in squares.
- For seasoning you can add 1 tea spoon of oil, mustard seeds and chilies and let it crackle for a minute before pour it into the square dhokla.
- You can either serve it with sauce/ketchup or green chutney. You can also use spicy red chutney or sweet chutney. Dhokla can be kept for 2-3 days if you keep it in fridge but make sure you steam it again before eating it.