Diagram of How to Butcher a Beef Cow
If you're interested in legitimately making money online, check out my Making Money blog.
Diagram of How to Butcher a Beef Cow
So you want to know how to butcher a beef cow? Well, this diagram right here is extremely useful. If you look further down, there are even some relevant videos about the process, and some how-to guides on the entire process. Keep in mind that there are numerous ways to name each part of the cow, so I made sure to add a few different pictures so you get the full definition of what each piece of the butchered cow is.
Why Write a Blog on This?
Well, there seemed like a high need. It seemed that there were few sites that really went into any detail or tried to thouroughly answer the question, so I thought I'd try my hand as I know a good deal about meat. I still think that the phrase "i want a diagram of how to butcher a beef cow" seems oddly placed as such a popular search term, but who am I to understand the internet. But then again, I guess it's needed information so here's my best attempt:
Description of the Various Pieces
1,2 - Neck and Shoulder. This piece of the cow should not go alone. It is recommended that you put it into a soup or broth so that it is easier to swallow.
3 - Spinal area - This is what you should put in your barbeque!! It's decent meat
4. - Sirloin - Everyone knows that the sirloin is the best part of the meat. This should primarily be used for a simple steak dinner. It can be used in a soup, but other parts can just as easily be used, and they don't taste as well on their own.
5. - Rump - The rump can be roasted with the bone. If you do this,then put it into a soup for the best taste.
6. - Leg - Great to make cutlets with, or once again to go in soup. The leg is a nutritious part of the cow as it doesn't have extremely high amounts of fat on it.
7. - Aitchbone - Cut of beef from the upper part of the leg. There is some extremely rich fat along the aitchbone (also incorrectly called the edgebone) that is extremely tasty, so make sure to get it in whatever you do with the Aitchbone.
8, 9 - Humeral and Breast - These are two more pieces that are fantastic in soups or bullion. This can provide quite a bit of nutrition when cooked properly.
10. - Groin - Yea, the groin! Believe it or not this can be made into something edible and relatively tasty when made into cutlets or soup. Nevertheless, some people toss it out instead because of where it's from. In my opinion that's simply a total waste of meat.
11,12 - Front and rear shank - After marinating, cook the meat at 325 degrees, until it begins to bubble. Following this, simmer for 1 hour. Add vegetables. Cover and simmer for 1 1/4 hours. This will make some fantatsic beef shank.
Cutting the Rump out and Cooking it
Was This Website Useful?
Want more diagrams of other things? Visit Total Diagrams!!
How to Butcher a Beef Cow - Useful Links from Around the Internet
- Cooks.com - Recipe - Beef Shanks
A great cooking site with LOADS of free recipes, ready for you to download and print out at your request.
- A report from my butchering class « Green as a Thistle
A blog from someone's butchering class, this information is quite informative on the subject.
- Cool Topics: I want a diagram of how to butcher a beef cow
A fantastic step-by-step guide with everything you need to know about butchering a cow.
- How to Butcher a Cow | eHow.com
How to Butcher a Cow. Raising and butchering your own cows is one way to be self-sufficient. It is also a way to gain some control over the production of the meat you will eat, as you control what the cow eats and how the ...
- mary eats » Breaking Down A Cow
A few students decided to butcher a cow, and this is the results they got from it. A useful a resource for information.
Irrespective of what Jacques Chirac says, beef is one of our most delicious and traditional dishes and it is making quite a comeback to the British dining table! Here’s a little information about beef that we hope you find useful.
- Beef Glossary - Different Beef Cuts, Diagram, Types Of Meat
A glossary of beef terminology. THE NIBBLE, Great Food Finds, is an online gourmet food magazine with 1000+ product reviews including gourmet and organic beef, beef terms and definitions and informative articles. Sign up for the Top Pick Of The Week
- Recipe How to Cook Roast Beef
Special Recipe: How to cook roast beef. Exclusive From Russia - Cook Roast Beef with Us!
- Diagram of How to Butcher Beef Cow
Want a Diagram of How to Butcher a Beef Cow? This is for you!! The butcher's guide on how to cut, prepare and cook beef. Do it in proper way
- iPhone App Reviews
Your #1 Source For All Things iPhone
- Android App Review Source
Your #1 source for the latest and greatest Android mobile phone App reviews.
- BlackBerry App Reviews
Your #1 source for news and reviews on Blackberry apps.