- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Disneyland's Breakfast Potatoes
What is your favorite breakfast food to eat at Disneyland?
I will be the first to admit that I am not a morning person! Despite this fact, there have been a few (and I mean few enough to count on one hand) occasions that I have been at Disneyland close to opening. Mostly I eat before I go to the park or pack some food with me because I know how expensive dining in the park can be. Recently I went to Disneyland an hour after opening and my friend ordered some breakfast for us to share as we headed to our first ride. I don't really remember exactly what we had but what I do remember are the breakfast potatoes. They were perfectly seasoned, mixed with the right amount of vegetables, and were perfectly cooked (crispy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside)! They were exactly what I needed that morning to get my day going on a good note. They disappeared really fast too between the two of us! Ever since I discovered these amazing breakfast potatoes I have been trying to track down the recipe due to me craving them all the time. I finally found it and I am happy to share it with you! These potatoes are sure to please every one, young and old! It is a great way to spruce up your breakfast or brunch! This recipe is super easy and foolproof.
- 3 cups red potatoes, cut in 3/4" cubes
- 1/3 cup onions, diced
- 5 tbs. green bell peper, diced
- 4 tbs. red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- black pepper, to taste
- oil, for cooking
- Fill a deep fryer or skillet with 1-2 inches of oil (I used Canola oil but you can use any oil you like). Once hot, fry potatoes until golden brown. Be careful when putting the potatoes in the oil because they might spatter some oil and it is very hot! (Potatoes will take a little bit of time to cook)
- Take the potatoes out of the oil and set aside to drain.
- Sauté onions and red and green peppers in butter (in a skillet) until the onion is translucent.
- Mix the potatoes in with the sautéed vegetables.
- Add the parsley flakes, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Serve hot with any other breakfast item!
A Few Tips!
- Heat up the oil while you are dicing everything so you don't have to wait around for the oil to get warm. This way you can just (carefully) put the potatoes in it once diced.
- I peeled my potatoes. You don't have to do this but I think that they turn out better looking and more consistent.
- If you peel the potatoes, put them in ice cold water to prevent them from turning brown until you are ready to put them in the oil. Make sure you drain the water from the potatoes before you cook them.
- After you have pulled the potatoes out of the oil, place them on a plate covered with a few paper towels to drain the excess oil. Let them drain while you sauté the vegetables.
How do you like your breakfast potatoes?
These potatoes are delicious on their own! They are also great served beside eggs cooked your favorite way. I like mine with a side of ketchup and next to a ham and cheese omelette. This is a super easy recipe to master and I hope you enjoy them if you decided to make them! This is now a staple in my house and is sure to please everyone at breakfast and/or brunch. Or if you like breakfast for dinner it is a great alternative to hash browns!