- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Disneyland's Count Down Chicken Fusilli
Ever since Junior High Space Mountain has been my favorite ride! I always had to go on it when I am in the park and still do today. Now you are probably thinking "what does this have to do with the Count Down Chicken Fusilli?". Well, normally after I get my thrill on Space Mountain I usually wind down for Dinner (or sometimes Lunch) at the Redd Rockett Pizza Port. It's sort of funny because I never get pizza there. I always end up getting the Count Down Chicken Fusilli! It is one of my favorite dishes to get inside Disneyland! If you haven't tried this dish in the park I highly recommend it! The pasta is always cooked perfectly, the chicken is juicy and tender, and the sauce is what really makes the dish! Lately I have been going to Disneyland during the day or if I am there at night it is only for a little bit and I am home in time to eat a home cooked meal. So naturally I have been missing this favorite dish of mine. I decided to track down the recipe so I can make it whenever I want!
What is your favorite food from Redd Rockett Pizza Port?
- 81% Count Down Chicken Fusilli
- 0% Supernova Pizza
- 0% Mega Pepperoni Pizza
- 5% Mars-inara Meatballs Spagetti
- 0% Mars-inara Spaghetti
- 10% Terra Nova Tomato Basil Pasta
- 5% Bread Sticks
- 0% Venus Vegetarian Pizza
- 0% Lunar Cheese Pizza
- 0% Planetary Pizza Salad
- 0% Asian Chicken Salad
- 0% Celestial Caesar Chicken Salad
- 0% Caesar Salad
- 0% Starfield of Greens
This poll is now closed to voting.
- 5 oz. alfredo sauce mix, (dry mix)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz. granulated parmesan cheese
- 1 oz. sun-dried tomato crumbles
- 3 oz. pesto sauce
- 2 lb. dry fusilli pasta
- 1 lb. smoked chicken breast, sliced
Just A Note!
- I used a gluten free pasta for this recipe because I recently found out that I have a gluten sensitivity. For all those who suffer from Celiac disease I am happy to report that gluten free pasta works just as well!
- I unfortunately could not find sun dried tomato crumbs or even sun dried tomatoes in the stores so I had to skip this ingredient.
- I also made my own chicken. You can just as easily buy smoked chicken in the grocery store but like the sun dried tomatoes I could not find any. I ended up by just cooking up some chicken with some spices. It worked just as well!
- There are many types of alfredo mixes available! I used the McCormick garlicky alfredo mix.
- Prepare the alfredo sauce according to the directions on the package using the cream, milk, and water in place of any liquid the mix calls for.
- Mix in the pesto sauce.
- Cook the pasta until al dente and drain well.
- Place the pasta in a serving bowl and top with the chicken, sauce, grated cheese, and tomatoes.
- Mix and serve while hot.
A Few Tips!
- When cooking pasta I always add salt to the water before boiling (and adding the pasta). I do this because it is the only way to season pasta! It gives it a little something extra too!
- If you want to be super fancy instead of using normal water for the alfredo sauce use the water that you cooked the pasta in!
Over The Moon!
I was so excited when I finally got my hands on this recipe! I am so pleased with how it came out that it is sure to be a staple in my house now! What is even better is how quick and easy it is to make. It's true that you can't beat sitting outside at Disneyland eating Count Down Chicken Fusilli and watching people walk by with some good company but eating it at home sure does come close! I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did!
If there are any specific recipes you would like to know or know how to make from Disneyland or California Adventure leave a comment below!
What would you like to know how to make next?
- 71% Dole Whip!
- 14% Chicken Corn Chowder!
- 14% Cinnamon Rolls!
- 0% Blue Bayou Potatoes!
This poll is now closed to voting.
© 2014 Lyndsay Gamber