- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Homemade Hot Cocoa
Hot cocoa recipe
Due to the groundhog predicting that there would be six more weeks of winter I've decided to share with everyone my mothers hot cocoa recipe. So during those cold weeks you and your family can share some wonderful cocoa and make long lasting memories. I hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Optional
- 2 Ounces Bittersweet Chocolate, Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Instant Coffee
- Whipped Cream, Optional
- Step 1: Combine water, sugar, cocoa powder and coffee in a small saucepan. Cook over medium high heat, whisking constantly until mixture is steaming and bubbling. Remove from heat and whisk in chopped chocolate chunks. Whisk until creamy and smooth. Return to heat and add the milk, whisking until just heated through (do not let it boil). Next remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Step 2: Pour the mixture into four mugs. Dollop with whip cream if desired. Dust with cocoa powder if desired.