EASY COOK UPMA- KERALA STYLE
RAVA UPMA RECIPE
- Rice Rava- 1 cup
- Onion Finely Sliced- 1
- Green chillis slit- 2 nos
- Finely chopped Ginger- 1 "
- Chopped vegetables (carrots, peas, beans, pptatoes and cauliflower)- Optional- 1 cup
- Ghee- 11/2 table spoon
- Roasted Peanuts or Cahewnuts (optional)- 6 to 8 nos
- Water- 2 cups
- Salt- To taste
- Lemon juice (optional)- 1 table spoon
- Mustard seeds- 1 table spoon
- Cumin seeds- 1 table spoon
- Bengal gram (Optional)- 1 table spoon
- Black gram dal (Optional)- 1 table spoon
- Chillies Red (optional)- 2 nos
- Curry leaves- 5 nos
- Take a cooking vessel and heat ghee or oil and add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add curry leaves, cahews, bengal gram, black gram and cumin and mix till it turns to slight brown in colour.
- Add onions, green chillis, ginger and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables along with water and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Also add salt as required.
- Slowely add rice rava and stir fastly so that it dont form a lump.
- Stir and mix well so that it becomes soft and stop the flame once the paste becomes dry.
- Put lemon juice over the upma.
- Now you can serve the upma with pickle, chuttney or banana.