- Food and Cooking
4th of July Eagle Freedom Treat
Patriotic Themed Treat for the 4th
This is a really fun idea for a 4th of July party or picnic! I just found it and fell in love! It's so cute, and yummy as well! I tried it out to see how well it worked, and the results came out fantastic! This is the recipe for 12 eagles, but it's easy to make more!
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 12 large Marshmallows
- 12 Cashews
- 1 package Finely Shredded Coconut
- 1 tube Black Decorating Gel
- Chocolate Covered Sandwich Cookies
- Melt the white chocolate chips as directed. **(Go slower than you think, I always have trouble getting it just right because it gets too hot. If you have trouble, substitute the melted chocolate for white icing)**
- Coat a marshmallow with the melted chocolate.
- Roll coated marshmallow in the shredded coconut until covered.
- Add a little melted chocolate to the top of the sandwich cookie for "glue", and set the coconut ball on top.
- Let the chocolate set a bit, and then use a toothpick to make a hole for the cashew beak.
- Top off with two eyes using the gel and voila!