Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Enjoy Some Free Time
On cold winter nights or nights when you simply want to relax in front of the television, you look in your cabinets for something to make for dinner that will not take you all night to prepare. The easy chicken pot pie recipe is a great solution. It will allow you to prepare a full meal that will fill everyone up before heading to bed and it does not take too long to cook. The problem is that you need to keep an eye on the oven to make sure that your potatoes do not burn. I hope you enjoy this meal as much as my family does. They sure enjoy it and I am sure everyone in your home will also.
Just remember, it can taste homemade without actually being homemade!
Pie Shell Already Made
- 2 Pie Shells Already Made, Already made pie shells
- 2 Cans Mixed Vegtables, Cans of any brand mixed veggies
- 2 Jars of Prepared Chicken Gravy, Any type of Chicken gravy
- 3 cups already prepared mashed potatoes, cooled mashed potatoes
- The first step is to gather all the ingredients. You should have all your ingredients on the counter and ready to go. Once they are all in one spot, continue on to the next step.
- Take the pre made pie shell and drain the vegetables before you place them into the pie shell. The vegetables should be placed inside of the pie shell.
- Once the veggies are inside of your pie shell, take some of the canned chicken and drain it. Once it is drained, you will then want to place over the top of the veggies. The chicken can be spread out in clumps or a thin layer of shredded chicken.
- The next step is to place some gravy over the top of the chicken and veggies. The veggies and chicken will be covered with gravy before you place some potatoes over the top of the chicken and gravy.
- Once the gravy is over the top of the chicken, veggies and gravy, you will then want to shake the items down a bit. You do not want the potato so thick that you do not cook the rest of the meal before the potatoes burn. If you want to make sure the rest is cooked through, you can leave the potatoes off to the side before piling them on top of the veggies and chicken.
- The pot pie should cook for about an hour before you remove it from the oven. You should then allow it to cool for about 5 minutes before removing to the plate or bowl.