- Food and Cooking
Easiest BBQ Crockpot Chicken
Too busy to cook?
This is the easiest crockpot chicken recipe ever! We use this so often, it is ridiculous. Just a few ingredients and viola! Dinner is served!
- green peppers, sliced thin
- onions, sliced thin
- barbeque sauce, any kind
- Put chicken in crockpot (frozen or thawed - I've done both).
- Add sliced green peppers and onions.
- Pour favorite barbeque sauce all over chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred with a fork and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Serve on buns with slaw, on rice, over noodles, or just eat plain.
I have also used this exact same recipe with pork and beef. Works with all of them. You can vary it up a bit by adding pineapple to the mixture or other vegetables, like mushrooms, shredded carrots (no one will ever know they are in there!), broccoli, etc... The best is when you add thinly shredded/sliced squash. It adds a sweetness to the dish without many calories and no fat. I have done it all and all taste wonderful.
If you are putting this on a bun, French's Fried Onions are amazing on top! My daughter also loves a coleslaw tucked in her sandwich.