Easiest Flat Bread Recipe Ever! (Without Yeast)
Stacked on a plate and ready to cook!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: Serves 3-6
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- olive oil
- Into a mixing bowl, add the flour, water and salt. Mix until the dough is flaky and pretty dry to the touch. You do want it to stick together, just not too moist.
- Flour a flat surface and knead the dough for a minute or so. Roll the dough into a 6 inch log and cut into 6 1-inch segments. Flour a rolling pin and roll out the dough until it's as thick or thin as you like it. I prefer it extra thin, due to the crunch factor.
- Heat a skillet and coat the bottom with olive oil. I keep the heat at medium or a little above. If the heat is too high, the bread will start to burn before it's fully cooked in the center.
- Each side of the bread should take a little over a minute to cook. When the edges have hardened and the exposed doughy side starts to bubble, flip it. The bread should be bubbly, golden brown and it should definitely make your mouth water.
- I stack the flatbread on a plate and season each of them with additional sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Eat and enjoy! Try to share.