- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Easiest KFC Style Fried Chicken Wings
My favorite munchie
I am again back with my chicken wing recipes. Like the recipes of my Sticky Ginger Garlic Chicken Wings and Honey Barbecued Chicken Wings, this KFC styled chicken wings is another of my hot favorite munch-on snack that I can have anytime of the day. These wings are just toooo addictive and the best part is that now you can make these wings at home with some very simple ingredients that you always have in your kitchen. Pair it with some mashed potatoes and sautéed beans and your appetizer will turn into a full weekend meal.
KFC style fried chicken wings can be made in two ways. It can be boneless or it can be with bones. Personally I prefer it with bones. Its kind of feel authentic, but that's me.
One thing is there, boneless fried chicken wings are easier to cook. The reason is that, first of all they are not any portion of wings but they are part of chicken tenderloins and chicken breasts cut up into pieces. Secondly, as there are no bones in them, they are easier to fry and lastly, you can eat them without embarrassing yourself.
If you are like me and drool over chicken wings with bones then first you have to buy raw chicken wings from local grocery store. Usually you will find the wings have three joints. Once you are ready to cook and done over with your thawing process, take a sharp knife and cut up each wing at the joints. You will have three pieces. The wingette, the drumette and a small wing tip. Discard the wing tip. We are going to use the wingettes and the drumeetes in our recipe. Now clean them and pat them dry with a paper tissue to soak up extra moisture from them.
Another important thing is that the raw chicken wings comes with a skin, most of us discard the skin because it is full of fat. On the other hand, if you leave the skin on the wings, it can add to the crispiness of the wings. The choice is yours.
Now, wait no more and let us straight move over to the recipe and know how we can make the easiest KFC style fried chicken wings at home.
- 8 pieces Chicken Wings
- 1 Egg
- 4 tablespoons Milk
- 4 tablespoons Corn Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Tajin Clasico Seasoning Powder, optional
- 2 cups Corn Flakes
- For Deep Frying Oil
- According to taste Salt
- After you have cut up and dried your wings, marinate the wings with salt, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder, black pepper powder, ground thyme, classical seasoning and keep the wings in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime take another bowl and add milk, little bit of salt, corn flour, baking powder, remaining garlic powder and chili powder. Break an egg into it. Blend the entire mixture well using a fork.
- Take a ziplock bag, pour in the corn flakes cereal and with the help of a rolling pin, crush the corn flakes into tiny bits. Place the crushed cornflakes in another dish.
- Pull out the marinated wings from the refrigerator. Now gently dip one wing in the milk and egg mixture and quickly roll it over in the bed of crushed corn flakes. Repeat the process for other wings. Place them in a dish.
- You can again refrigerate the wings for another half an hour so that the corn flakes get enough time to stick to the wings. This step is not necessary. But if you have enough time, you can do this step.
- When you are ready to fry, heat sufficient amount of oil in a fryer or those who do not have a fryer, you can heat oil in a deep bottomed frying pan. Let the oil be sizzling hot. Now carefully place the wings in the hot oil and fry for about 15 - 20 minutes until the outer crust has turned brown and crisp. Bring them out of the oil. Drain excess oil in a paper tissue and serve the hot KFC style fried wings immediately. Be careful not to burn your tongue. They are HOT!!!
Rate My Recipe
|Serving size: 1 unit|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 1 g|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 15 mg||5%|
|Sodium 15 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Now try this recipe of KFC style fried chicken wings at home and tell me how much you loved them? Waiting for your comments.
You can also try some of my other recipes
- Honey Glazed Masala Cornish Hen Recipe
Cornish Hen marinated in the magical Indian spices and glazed in honey makes it a special full course meal for two on a special occasion.
- Keema Pie Recipe: Indian Shepherd's Pie
A unique take on the original Shepherd's Pie recipe, this Indianized version is nonetheless delicious. Loaded with exotic Indian herbs and spices, Keema Pie will be your hot favorite.
- Colorful Turkey and Rice Stuffed Sweet Peppers
Stuffed Peppers are just awesome. Create this easy and simple small meal that you can share with your family and friends this Fall Season. A perfect recipe for the calorie conscious people too.