Easter Biscuit Recipe
The Recipe to make scrumptious traditional Easter Biscuits. Ideal to give to your guests on Easter Sunday.
180 oc - 190 oc
- 75g (3oz) Butter or Margarine
- 65g (2 1/2oz) Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg, Separated
- 150g (6oz) Self Raising Flour
- Pinch Salt
- 50g (2oz) Currants
- 15g (1/2oz) Mixed Peel
- 2 Drops Brandy Essence
- 1/2 5ml (Tea Spoon) Mixed Spice
- 2 15ml (Table Spoon) Milk
- Sprinkle Sugar
- Add Cream butter and sugar and beat in egg yolk. Fold sieved flour, salt and fruit into creamed mixture, Add spice essence and enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Place in a refrigerator to become firm.
- Kneed lightly and roll out 6mm (1/4in) thick. Cut out with a 5cm (2in) cutter. Put on a baking tray; prick over with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then brush the biscuits with egg white and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for a further 5-10 minutes.