Mini Cadbury Eggs Chocolate Cupcakes Easter Dessert Recipe - Kids Cook Monday
Create a Cadbury Eggs Easter Dessert!
If you want a chocolate-y, delectable, creamy, sweet Easter dessert, then you have come to the right place. Nobody, from age four to age ninety-four, will be able to resist these cream cheese frosted chocolate cupcakes with a surprise inside. Yes, they contain inside the best Easter candy around--Cadbury eggs! I've always loved Cadbury eggs, but. for the purpose of this recipe, I'm not talking about the regular-sized ones. In this recipe, we will be using the mini Cadbury eggs.They fit just right inside cupcakes. Just you wait! You and your kids will love making this recipe year after year. And it's a recipe the kids will love to help with.
Your kids will love making this dessert with you, stirring up the batter, licking the beaters, inserting the mini little Cadburys into the center of a dreamy chocolate cupcake, or spreading frosting on the finished cupcakes. The final fun touch will be sprinkling colorful candies, in beautiful colors in honor of Easter, on top of these divine creations.
- 1 chocolate cake mix, mixed with eggs & oil as on box
- 1 16 oz container cream cheese frosting
- 2 packages of 12 each mini Cadbury eggs
- 2 Tbs. or so of colored candy sprinkles
Instructions for Cadbury Eggs Cupcakes
- Follow instructions on cake mix box to make batter.
- Grease and flour muffin pans or fill with baking cups.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Unwrap mini Cadbury eggs, and place one in the batter in each cupcake. Add a little more batter to completely cover the egg.
- Bake according to instructions on cake box, approximately 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Take out when time is up or check earlier to see if toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to set for a few minutes before pulling them out to cool on a rack. They should pull out easily if you use baking cups.
- When cupcakes are completely cool, spread cream cheese frosting on top. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles on top. Chocolate sprinkles are an option, but the colorful sprinkles are pretty and add color for Easter.
Cadbury Eggs Dessert Instructions
Cook for about 15 minutes before testing with a toothpick for doneness. Cupcakes may need a few more minutes, but it's okay for them to be a little undercooked. They will cook more as they sit, and the mini Cadburys will be softer with less oven time. When time for eating, part of the Cadbury will have melted into cupcake, while part may be chewy. Either way, biting into this special cupcake is a tasty surprise.
Tasks for Children to Help:
- unwrap mini Cadbury eggs
- stir up cake batter
- use mixer for cake batter
- place baking cups into muffin pan
- fill baking cups with cake batter
- insert mini Cadbury eggs into batter
- cover Cadbury eggs with more cake batter
- spread frosting on cooled cupcakes
- EAT cupcakes!
- The Best Easter Candy? My Letter to Hershey's Cadbury Eggs!
Cadbury Eggs are easily the best Easter candy. I wrote a letter to Hershey's to urge them to offer Cadbury creations throughout the year. Do you think they will reconsider?