Easy 3 Ingredient Banana Dessert
Hated Bananas? Me too!
Growing up we've all had our fair share of fruits which we hated, for me that fruit was banana.I don't even know how it happened but I tasted it once and really hated the smell and texture, in fact I would only eat it if I was forced to or if there was no other option. On the other hand, there was my brother, he loved bananas and I always loved strawberries and cream, though sometimes mom would add apples to the cream. The best part was eating strawberries with chocolate, yummy! Now that we're all grown up, I eat more bananas and he east more of the strawberries.
The first recipe I tried with bananas was this one, it's simple, easy and the kids will love it! Not to mention its kind of healthy too. If you want to spoil you kid just a little, then you can add melted or grated chocolate on the top as a garnish. I know, most people don't like having bananas with chocolate, the trick however is which chocolate to use, different flavors give a different taste. We like using Cadbury Dairy Milk (grated) and sometimes Nestle Bar- One (melted). The choice however, is yours.
- Bananas grow on plants considered to be a herb.
- Banana is actually classified as a berry.
- It is also a mood enhancer, which means that it helps reduce stress and anxiety.
- Humans share about 50% of our DNA with Bananas.
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 x 125ml nestle cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Fill a small bowl with cold tap (room temperature) water.
- Cut the bananas into slices (see image below) and put them into the bowl of water. I like to cut them into slightly thick slices, but you can cut it however you like it, the thinner you cut it, the more slices you'll have. The reason for cutting them and putting it into the bowl of water immediately is so that the bananas do not get rotten or black quickly.
- Leave the bananas in the water for about 3-5 minutes. Thereafter remove the water and add the nestle cream to the bananas.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar to the above and mix. Now you get to do a taste test, if it's not sweet enough you can add more sugar.
- Leave the dessert to sit in the fridge until chill. If you have last minute visitors then you can put it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, just until the cream is thick and the dessert is cool.
- Serve in dessert bowls. You can also top it off with grated or melted chocolate.
If you don't have nestle cream, you can also use:
- Fresh cream
- Butter and milk, mixing these two will create a heavy cream or
- Evaporated milk
You can also use a little condensed milk instead of sugar, however this might make it a little watery. A lot of Condensed milk can also make you very thirsty and sometimes it might give you a sore throat. So just be careful with how much you add to the dessert.
A little hint...
If you want to eat it immediately, then you can pour all the contents of the nestle cream into a separate bowl and let it sit in the fridge for about 1 hour, or in the freezer for about 15- 20 minutes, before making the dessert (You can leave it for longer depending on how you like it). This will make the cream thick and cool, all you have to do will be to add the bananas (don't forget to slice them in water) and sugar! Give this recipe a try and let me know how it is. You can also replace the bananas with strawberries, or add the strawberries to the dessert.
We usually have desserts at night, though if you would like to change this into a breakfast smoothie you can just make the dessert at night and put it into a blender in the morning, you can also add strawberries and other fruit to the mix, as well as nuts and oats for a little healthier smoothie. Simple, Easy and Delicious!
Don't forget to share this with your friends and family and tag us!
© 2019 Pink Beauty