Easy Alfredo Sauce and Meatballs with Fettuccini Pasta Dinner Recipe
Normally, a cream sauce is served over chicken or fish. The following “recipe” is a quick and simple meal that you can throw together in about 10-20 minutes. It’s an odd, but tasty, meal that was the brainchild of my father. He went to the store and bought some frozen Swedish meatballs (that could be heated up in the microwave), fettuccini pasta, and creamy Alfredo sauce. He said we can just mix it all together and have it for dinner; I had never heard of such a combination. Perhaps, it’s an old recipe that’s been forgotten or maybe it’s just something he came across one day. Either way, it’s pretty good and you can add virtually anything you like to it (fresh minced garlic, shallots, red onion, etc.). I’m more of a fan of use macaroni pasta instead of the fettuccini, because it easy to serve and eat (you don’t have long strands of pasta going everywhere).
1 16 oz. package of fettuccini (or macaroni, spaghetti or any pasta of your choice)
1 lb. Swedish meatballs (the frozen, fully cooked ones are the easiest to use)
1 16 oz. jar of Alfredo sauce
Black pepper, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
Red pepper flakes, taste (optional)
1. Boil the pasta according to the directions (to al dente)
2. Drain pasta through a colander.
3. Heat the meatballs (drain any excess juices).
4. In the empty pot you boiled the pasta in, pour the Alfredo sauce, garlic powder and pepper.
5. Whisk together and taste sauce, re-season if necessary/desired.
6. Return pasta to the pot and mix the pasta with the sauce until fully coated.
7. You can either add the meatballs to the pasta and fold them into the sauce or serve the pasta with sauce and the meatball separately.
8. This recipe is good along with garlic bread and a side salad.
9. Place any uneaten portion in a sealed container and refrigerate. It will stay fresh for up to a week.
More dinner recipes by Edgar Arkham
- Tilapia with White Rice Recipe
Here is a quick and simple recipe for tilapia with rice. It's a healthy white fish with great flavor. Enjoy!
- How to Make Homemade Goulash With Pasta
This is a recipe that my mother used to make. It's a meat and pasta
- Easy Homemade Lasagna
Here is a recipe for homemade lasagna using some ground meat and sausage. Enjoy!
- How To Make An Easy Stew/Chili Dinner Using Leftover...
Here is a easy recipe for making a nice stew/chili using some leftovers. Enjoy!
- Easy Homemade Pasta Dinner
Here is a quick and simple recipe for a pasta dinner that will last for a few days. Enjoy!
- How To Make an Easy Baked Steak and Potatoes dinner ...
Here's a recipe for baked steak and potatoes. Enjoy!
- How to Make The Perfect Chicken Dinner
Dinner can seem difficult, but here is a recipe for a chicken dinner that is easy and delicious. Enjoy!