- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy Apple Pie Bread for the Breadmaker
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups apple pie filling with no sugar added
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1. Begin by placing the ingredients in the bread pan in the order listed.
TIP: Be sure the apple pie filling is low sugar content or no sugar added
2. Place the pan in the breadmaker. Be sure it clicks into place so it does not bang around.
3. Use the Basic setting, Light Loaf, 1-1.5 pound loaf.
4. Bread will be ready in 3 hours.
5. After the bread is finished, leave it in for 10-15 minutes. This will make it easier to remove from the pan.
6. Using oven mitts/hot pads, lift bread pan out. Tip over onto cooling rack, paper towel, etc. to cool.
Photos of Ingredients in Order of Use
A picture of the 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt is not included and is Step 6
- Light butter or margarine
- Strawberry Jam
- Blackberry Jam
- Apple Butter
- Lightly buttered with light coating of sugar and cinnamon mix
Approximate Nutrition Information According to Supertracker
|Serving size: 1-1.5 pound loaf|
|Calories from Fat||198|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 22 g||34%|
|Saturated fat 12 g||60%|
|Carbohydrates 246 g||82%|
|Fiber 15 g||60%|
|Protein 39 g||78%|
|Cholesterol 59 mg||20%|
|Sodium 3766 mg||157%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Approximate Calorie Information by Supertracker
According to supertracker.com this loaf is approximately 1349 calories.
There were a few modifications as the website did not contain all of the exact measurements and ingredients.
Suggested Storage Tips
- For a crispier crust, leave bread out longer before storing. For softer crust, place in a plastic bag while the bread is still slightly warm.
- Paper bags are ok storage, but the bread tends not to last quite as long.
- Saran wrap seems to keep bread the longest.
- This bread can be put in the freezer.
- There are reusable and plastic bread bags on Amazon if you would feel more comfortable with those
- For more trendy storage, invest in a bread box. Bamboo is a great way to go natural. Also available on Amazon.