Easy Banana Bread in a Mug
What do I do with my old bananas?
I love eating bananas, but only when they are at that perfect shade of slightly green and just turning yellow. However, with being super busy in college, I don't really have time to go to the store all the time, so I just buy a bunch of bananas (pun intended) and then eat them for as long as I can. When my bananas are just too old, they start to make my whole dorm room smell like bananas and attract fruit flies. I try not to waste food so I usually just take my old bananas and turn them into a small banana bread, a trick that I learned from my mom! This is an easy way to make that banana bread in a mug in no time flat!
- 1 Banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbs Sugar
- 1 Tbs Flour
- 1/8 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.25 Tbs butter, melted
- 1/8 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tbs Milk
- In a mug, mash a banana and whisk in an egg until they are well mixed.
- Add in milk, vanilla, and butter.
- Add in sugar and mix well.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Put in the microwave for a minute and a half and then take it out and check. If a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean, it will be done. If not, continue to microwave your bread in 30 second intervals until the bread is done.