- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Banana Pudding Recipe - easy and quick!
Scroll down this page for a delicious BANANA HOT CHOCOLATE DRINK recipe, plus other banana ideas.
Banana Pudding served with ice cream
Easy Banana Pudding Recipe (with wholewheat breadcrumbs)
BANANA PUDDING RECIPE - with breadcrumbs
This delicious easy to make hot banana dessert recipe is quick to prepare and bakes fast - great for when you want to conjure up a hot dessert without any fuss or seemingly endless time waiting around for it to finish cooking.
A handy recipe for when unexpected guests arrive and you want to give them a memorably delicious hot dessert without too much effort.
Another bonus is that the recipe can be adapted (see below for variations).
INGREDIENTS - Banana Pudding Recipe (with breadcrumbs)
- 5 slices bread, grated to form fine breadcrumbs
- one tablespoon of brown sugar
- a quarter of a teaspoon of allspice and/or nutmeg, can substitute mixed spice and/or cinnamon
- 4 ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- one tablespoon of olive oil, or alternative cooking oil
GRATERS - for breadcrumbs, grating cheese, zesting and preparing salad ingredients etc. - All those below are rated at least 4 stars out of 5
* Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, or 200 C
Banana Pudding (with breadcrumbs)
Top Tip !
INSTRUCTIONS - Banana Pudding Recipe (with breadcrumbs)
- In a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, sugar, and spices
- Place a layer of sliced bananas in the bottom of an oven proof dish, then sprinkle some of the breadcrumbs mixture on top of these banana slices. Continue layering bananas slices and breadcrums mixture, ending with a lay of the breadcrumb mixture on top. (approx 4 layers of each).
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the contents of the oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar over the top of the dish for crunchier topping.
- Place in preheated oven, Gas Mark 6, 200 C. for 15 minutes. Then, assuming the top of the dish is already dark golden brown, cover the dish with foil, and replace in oven and bake for a further 5 minutes. (If not brown enough, do not cover with foil.)
- Best served hot - delicious on its own or topped with cream, ice cream or custard. Enjoy!
- ****** please see below for variations to the above recipe.
OVEN PROOF DISHES - can also double as mixing bowls and can be used for a variety of dishes including puddings, pies, casseroles, plus re-heating foods etc. and
These dessert/sundae glasses have all been rated at least 4 out of 5 stars - see the reviews
A must see - looks even better in close up view (great detail)
Easy Banana Pudding Recipe (with breadcrumbs)
Variations for this Easy Banana Pudding
- add two tablespoon of sultanas to the breadcrumb mixture
- add a tablespoon of chopped nuts to the breadcrumb mixture
- Add another fruit to the bananas (or indeed you could substitute another fruit for the bananas) e.g. sliced apple or pineapple chunks.
Did you know you can freeze bananas?
Yes, that's right. Bananas can be frozen in their skins - the skins will go black in the freezing process but the fruit inside will be just fine. However, generally speaking it's easiest to peel them before freezing and you might also like to slice them before freezing.
Frozen bananas can be used in smoothies, or bananas can be thawed and used in a variety of recipes such as those in the link on this page.
More Banana ideas
Banana and Chocolate Spread on Toast – Smother the toast with chocolate spread before topping with sliced bananas – yummy! This is firm favourite with children and adults alike.
Banana Hot Chocolate Drink –liquidise a ripe banana with a little milk and a pinch of nutmeg. Add this mixture to a cup of your favourite hot drinking chocolate, made with hot milk.
Banana Ice Cream – Simply peel the bananas, chop and place in a freezer bag. Once frozen the banana pieces can be blended to form the most delicious creamy tasting ice cream. Another simple but sumptuous use for bananas. For a change you can top the banana icecream with toffee sauce and chopped nuts. (Just the thought of this is mouth watering - dribble, dribble).
- Fun banana facts | The Banana Police
Banana Trivia !