- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pasta Recipes
Accidentally Delicious Five-Cheese Lasagna Recipe
Best Lasagna So Far
Here is my new favorite recipe for lasagna. It is relatively inexpensive for lasagna. It tastes so good no one will know you used generic ingredients for some of it. I used generic (usually Kroger) brands unless listed.
- 12 dry lasagna noodles, separated into 3 groups of 4
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 jar Ragu Traditional spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar Kroger Parmesan + Romano spaghetti sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided in thirds
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, divided in thirds
- 3/4 cup small curd cottage cheese, divided in half
- Preheat oven to 375. Brown your ground beef, breaking into tiny pieces as you cook. Drain off any grease.
- Add Kroger Parmesan + Romano spaghetti sauce, and simmer for about 15 minutes. Put lid on and set aside.
- While the sauce is simmering, boil your first set of four lasagna noodles for 15 minutes, until they are starting to get soft.
- Prepare a 9x13 in baking pan with foil. Pour in 1/3 jar of Ragu sauce and spread around into a thin layer.
- Layer the first set of noodles evenly in the pan. Add 1/3 meat sauce, spread evenly on the noodles. Sprinkle with 1/3 cheddar and 1/3 mozerella. Using a spoon, dot with 1/2 of the cottage cheese.
- For top layer, only add sauce, cheddar and mozerella.
- Cover loosely with foil. Bake for 45 minutes, foil on entire time.