- Food and Cooking
Easy Biscuits and Gravy
Biscuits and gravy don't have to take an entire morning to make. This creamy, delicious, buttery tasting recipe takes little time for fantastic results.
Ready made croissants makes this recipe quick and easy. You can use the left over croissants from the dinner the night before or bake them fresh. This recipe uses croissants left over from dinner the previous night. If you prefer buttermilk biscuits feel free to exchange croissant for biscuits.
- 1-2 each Croissants (or buttermilk biscuits), Already baked
- 10 links Sausages (or bacon), Sliced to 1/2" Pieces
- 2 cups Milk, Cold
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- Dash Salt & Pepper, For Taste
- In a skillet cook the sausage or bacon until done. Set aside.
- In the same pan pour the milk in with the left over grease from the sausage or bacon. Add the butter.
- In a small container mix the flour with a 1/2 cup of cold water and shake vigorously until mixed. Pour into the pan with the milk. Add salt & pepper to taste (I add a 1/2 tsp pepper here. I like pepper! :) ) Whisk until blended.
- Put sausage or bacon back into the pan with the milk. Continue whisking gently until sauce is nearly as thick as you like. Don't cook the sauce until it's super thick because it will thicken as it cools.
- Slice the croissant in half length wise and lay open faced on a plate. Pour about 1 cup of the sauce over the croissant evenly. Enjoy!
|Serving size: 251|
|Calories from Fat||306|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 34 g||52%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Carbohydrates 47 g||16%|
|Sugar 6 g|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Sodium 1550 mg||65%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|