Easy Oreo Cheesecake Cups Recipe
What is life without cheesecake?
There are different kinds of cheesecake to suit everyone's tastes. So far, I've tried blueberry, strawberry, orange, oreo, chocolate, and the classic cheesecakes. I've liked them all but I found the oreo cheesecake to be my favorite. Probably because it's easier to find oreos than berries here in the Philippines. One time I was craving really bad for cheesecake that I decided to try to make my own. Here's the recipe I used. Check it out below. :)
- 1 pack cream cheese, softened
- 1 350 ml can condensed milk
- half pack 20 oz. pack (25 pcs) oreo cookies, crushed/coarsely chopped
- half pack 20 oz. pack (26 pcs) oreo cookies, crush it if you want the cheesecake base crushed (I personally prefer the whole cookie as my base)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 250g pack margarine, (only if you want the base crushed)
- 3 large eggs
- For the base: Prepare cupcake tray by placing the cupcake baking cups with one oreo cookie per cup. Each cookie will serve as your base.
- When doing the crushed version, grind the oreo cookies using a mortar and pestle. When finely ground, place in a bowl and add margarine to make it sticky instead of powdery. Press the sticky base to the bottom of each baking cup.
- For the batter: In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, eggs, and condensed milk.
- Add one teaspoon vanilla extract and coarsely chopped oreo cookies. Continue to mix until smooth.
- Pour into baking cups, taking care not to fill them to the brim as the batter might spill while baking (heat makes the batter expand, even without yeast or baking powder. it goes back to it's actual size after cooling down).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees farenheit or until no batter sticks to a toothpick or fork when you try poking it.
Cheesecake is probably my favorite out of all my favorite cakes. After all, it has cream and it has cheese! What more can I wish for, right? I've got to tone down though, because since I've started baking my own cheesecake, I also started gaining weight. LOL. I still can't resist this creamy cheesy goodness though. Gaaaah!
I have to tell you though that this recipe can help you make a really nice cheesecake. I made my friend a cheesecake for her birthday and she told me it's better that what most cafes offer.
Check out this cheesecake cups tower I made for the new year! FATNESSS!
So, do you have your own easy breezy pastry and/or dessert recipes? Why not share them with us? I'd love to feature them on this hub. Hear from you soon!