- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Broccoli Salad Recipe
Healthy and Delicious
Ever go to a party and enjoy a dish that you HAVE to get the recipe for? This is one of those recipes. I love it because it makes me want to eat lots of broccoli!
This dish is so versatile because you can take it to a backyard bar-b-que or a casual sit-down dinner with friends. It can be made in advance so there's no last minute rushing.
If you're new to cooking or a Martha Stewart wannabe, you'll love this great recipe!
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, I use Hellman's light
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 1 head broccoli, bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, you could also use raisins
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
How to Make It
- Combine the first 3 ingredients...this is the dressing...in a bowl and mix well with a whisk.
- Once combined, add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well. While it can be eaten right away, it tastes best if it marinates for at least 30 minutes.
- For another variation, instead of broccoli florets, you could also use broccoli slaw.
- Note: If you substitute bacon bits from a bottle for the strips, it might taste a bit more "bacony." The strips give it a more subtle taste of bacon that I prefer.