- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Easy Canola Oil Cake
This recipe is for easy canola oil cake -- a yellow cake with oil instead of butter. This cake is also made without vanilla extract.
I came up with this recipe for those rainy days at home where you feel like baking and want to make an inexpensive, no-fuss cake.
Enjoy this basic yellow cake made with canola oil and share it with your kids.
1 1/4 cups white flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8 square baking pan or 9" round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt with a fork in one bowl.
- Mix vegetable oil, milk, and egg in another bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Frost as desired.
If you would like to dress this recipe up, try adding one of the following to the wet mixture before pouring it into the baking pan:
- You may add 1 tsp. of vanilla extract if you think you will miss the flavor otherwise
- 1/2 cup of dried fruit (raisins, dates, or currants)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup of fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple