- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy-Cheesy Loaded Baked Potato Soup
This fabulously-delicious Crock-pot recipe is perfect for anyone who loves their baked potato locked and loaded.
Packed with crispy bacon, cool sour cream, and sharp cheddar cheese, this hearty soup is sure to satisfy. Pair with a fresh green salad and you've got an meal that is worthy of seconds. Beware- this soup is addicting. Once you try it, it'll be on your craving list...forever!
- 7 Russet potatoes, medium, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 Onion, large, diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1.5 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, salted
- 1 cup Half & half cream, fat-free
- 2 cups Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 13 slices Bacon, pan-fried
- 1/4 cup Green onion or chives, chopped
- 1 cup Sour cream
- Shredded cheese, for sprinkling
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Dice onion & mince garlic.
- Combine potatoes, onion, garlic, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and butter into a large crock pot. Stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours (potato should be tender.)
- While stock is cooking: slice, pan-fry, and drain bacon (set aside.)
- Chop green onion and place in small container (refrigerate.)
- Mash cooked mixture until potatoes are chopped (thickening the soup.)
- Stir in half & half cream, cheese, green onion, and bacon.
- If ready to serve, turn off crockpot, otherwise leave on "warm" setting.
- Serve soup topped with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkled with cheese.
- Enjoy! =(^-^)=
Note: After trying a loaded baked potato soup recipe I found on food.com, I made a few adjustments to accommodate my family's taste. The above recipe is a result of that adjustment. For the original recipe, see the video below.
TattooKitty's Easy-Cheesy Loaded Baked Potato Soup
|Serving size: 1.5 cup|
|Calories from Fat||261|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 29 g||45%|
|Carbohydrates 31 g||10%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Protein 20 g||40%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More Soup Recipes for Your Crock-Pot
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe - Food.com - 198707
This is a classic chicken noodle soup recipe from a recent issue of Good Housekeeping.
- Clam Chowder Recipe - Crockpot Clam Chowder Recipe
Clam chowder with minced clams, bacon, onion, and potatoes and milk. This clam chowder recipe is cooked in the crockpot.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup Recipe - Allrecipes.com
A hearty combination of beans, corn, tomatoes, and taco seasonings, slow cooked with shredded chicken. Deliciously finished, if you like, with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips. Made mostly of canned ingredients, this tasty soup
- Slow Cooker Curried Lentil Soup Recipe from Betty Crocker
The exotic scent of curry enlivens this Indian-influenced meatless dish, with lentils and spinach slow-cooked and topped with cool yogurt. 8 (1 1/2-cup) servings