Easy Chicken Cacciatore-Crock Pot Style
I love to prepare crock pot meals, especially as a working mother of three. This crock pot style meal only uses a few ingredients, but is loaded with flavor, and the chicken stays moist. It is also the type of meal that smells pleasing when walking through the door after a long day of work. I like serving this dish with a simple salad, or some garlic bread.
I use the following:
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts
- 1 zucchini
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1/2 medium onion
- 6 oz. fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 can tomato sauce
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 box pasta (rotini or spaghetti)
1. Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray
2. Slice zucchini, mushrooms, and green pepper. Add to crock pot, covering the bottom
3. Chop onion. Add to vegetable mixture.
4. Add chicken breast to top of vegetables.
5. Top with tomato sauce, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning. Cover with lid.
6. Let cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Chicken should be well done, but moist.
7. Boil pasta of choice. Top pasta with chicken and sauce mixture.