- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Easy Chicken Curry Dinner Recipe
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 45 min
- Ready in: 1 hour
- Yields: 6-7 servings
It is often very difficult to have a “nice” dinner during the week. Having to basically sleep and work five days in a row can drain any motivation you might have about cooking yourself a fresh meal at home.
That is one of, if not THE, major reason so many of us insist on eating out or grabbing take out on the way home. But, you really can make a nice delicious dinner at home without using a microwave or a pre-packaged store bought meal.
The following is easy curry chicken dish that takes less than an hour make.
I use a jar of Curry sauce and serve the chicken with fresh green beans and cooked white rice. You can use another vegetable if you choose or substitute the white rice with brown rice. (However; the brown rice takes a lot longer to cook, so you can either use a rice cooker or a package of boxed brown rice that can be made in about 20-25 minutes.)
Either way, this a delicious easy chicken dinner that is a bit healthier that a microwaved meals of take out.
- 6-7 medium chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 jar Tikka Masala Curry Sauce, 16 ounce
- 1/2 pound Green Beans, fresh
- 2 cups White Rice
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large baking dish
- 2 medium cooking pots,
One with a tight fitting lid
- A rice cooker
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the olive oil into a large, 13 x 9 casserole / baking dish
- Place the boneless and skinless chicken breasts equally / evenly into the baking dish.
- Pour the entire 16 ounce jar of Tikka Masala Curry sauce evenly over the chicken pieces.
- Place the chicken in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the baked Tikka Masala Curry chicken from the oven.
- Let the baked Tikka Masala Curry Chicken rest for about 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, make the rice and green beans.
- First pour 2 cups of uncooked rice into a medium sauce pot (with a lid) and fill the pot with 2 ½ cups of water. (Add a tab of butter to help keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot.)
- Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Place the lid on the pot and allow the rice to cook for 15-20 minutes, until the water is gone.
- While the rice is cooking wash the green beans and snip off the ends of them.
- Place them in pot of boil water and boil for about 10 minutes until the green beans are bright green.
- Strain the green beans after they are cooked.
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork or spoon.
- Serve the chicken with the rice and beans with an extra serving of Tikka Masala Curry sauce for the cooked white rice.