Easy Chicken Cutlet Parmigiana Recipe
Chicken Parmigiana, or Chicken Parmesan, has become more popular than the original veal version. It's cheaper than veal and is more flavorful. Follow these steps for easy Chicken Cultet Parmigiana.
- 6 chicken cutlets, 1/2 to 1-inch thick
- Italian Style Breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- flour to coat chicken
- 6 to 8 thick slices of whole milk mozzarella
- marinara tomato sauce, preferably home-made and enough to cover the cutlets, one 28-oz can minimum
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Peccorino Romano cheese
- Canola or Safflower oil
- Beat the eggs into a wash in a bowl. Dredge each cutlet in the flour and dip it into the wash to coat the entire cutlet.
- Add some grated parmesan or pecorino cheese into the bread crumbs and mix thoroughly. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Dredge the cutlets in the bread crumbs until completely coated. Place them in the oil and fry until golden brown. Do not overcook. Even if the chicken is not completely cooked, it will be after you remove it from the oven. Heat the marinara sauce under low heat.
- Place the cooked cutlets in an oven pan and generously pour the marinara sauce over the cutlets. Add the mozzarella slices one or two to each cutlet.
- Place the pan in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes, or when the mozzarella has completely melted.
- Remove the cutlets from the oven and let stand for a minute. Serve as is, or with spaghetti. Don't forget to compliment it with a nice glass of red wine. Enjoy
- Crispy Chicken Cutlet Romano Recipe
This recipe for Crispy Chicken Cutlet Romano is quick, easy and delicious. The capers and Romano cheese give it a special flavor.