- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Easy Recipe for Chicken Pot Pie
Simple Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken pot pie is a favorite meal at our home, especially in cooler weather. This recipe is simple and I like it because it uses Crescent rolls for the crust, so it is not as heavy as a traditional pie crust. You can even purchase lighter calorie crescent rolls in your grocer's dairy case.
It uses a 13” X 9 pan, and we reheat it leftovers in the toaster oven. It only takes about a few minutes to assemble the recipe once you have cooked the chicken. This is a delicious meal with little effort on the part of the cook. The hot chicken, vegetables and sauce in the casserole are delicious. I like this particular recipes for my family because it is such an easy recipe and it usually feeds us for two meals.
Chicken is one of the healthier meats we can choose to feed our families, as it is lower in saturated fat than pork or beef. Children seem to usually chicken as well, particularly the drumsticks if you cooking the chicken in pieces.
Chicken Pot Pie
Quick and Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Baking pan made of 100 percent aluminum; insulated, break-resistant cover. Decreases bake times by up to 15% over traditional insulated bakeware. Insulated to prevent top sheet from overheating; no-rust promise.
- 4 chicken breast, Can use whole chicken
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup, Use lite soup to reduce calories
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can cream of celery soup, Use lite to reduce caloies
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 2 cans Crescent Rolls
- Cook chicken until tender, then remove skin and bones. You may also use a can of cooked chicken instead.
- Mix soups and broth. Stir until smooth. Fold in mixed vegetables and chicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
- For crescent roll crust, open first can of rolls and put into a lightly sprayed 13" x 9" pan. Place under broiler until lightly browned. This only takes 2-3 minutes and will burn quickly. Pour chicken and vegetable mixture over bottom crust. Carefully open second Crescent Roll package and lay rolls over the top of mixture, which should cover the whole pan.
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving
|Serving size: 1/8th|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Carbohydrates 34 g||11%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 15 g||30%|
|Cholesterol 27 mg||9%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
I like this recipe primarily because of the taste and it is a good one dish meal. We have found if you heat the leftovers in the toaster oven or your regular oven, the pie is fresh all over again. In the microwave the crust becomes soggy. You can also substitute turkey, so it is a good recipe for turkey leftovers after the holidays. It is an easy recipe and bakes up quickly.
Some of my HubMob Recipes
- Shortening -Baking with Less Calories
Shortening may be butter, margarine or lard, but its generic meaning is any semisolid fat used in cooking especially used in baked goods. It can come from an animal or a vegetable. The reason it is...
- Breakfast Grains Improve Your Health
Studies have linked a healthy breakfast (which means 1/3 of your daily calorie intake) with better health, with less chronic disease and increased longevity. Starting the day with a healthy breakfast boost...
- Smoked Meats Melt in Your Mouth
Summer is the time of year many meals are cooked on the outside grill or smoker. Every type of meat, poultry, salmon, or game can be cooked in a smoker. It is possible to smoke more than one type of meat at...
© 2010 Pamela Oglesby