Easy Chicken Tortilla Bake
Gooey and warm this chicken dish is sure to please. I love this chicken recipe not only because it is fast, but because it is super easy. There are so many additions you can add to this recipe as well to meet the tastes and preferences of your own family.
My husband absolutely loves chicken and insists on having it multiple times a week. I love to throw this recipe together, because I can change it up every time I make it. This is a nice twist from enchiladas, as the tortillas do not completely incase the chicken and cheese. I prefer the lasagna layers of this bake as you get different textures from the placement of the tortillas. The top and bottom layer have a great crunch, while the middle layers are soft and blend into the cheese and cream.
Depending on the number of people you are looking to feed the amount of the ingredients will change. Below I will be providing enough to feed approximate four people or to fit in a 13X9in baking pan as well as how much you need to feed only two people.
- 8 Chicken Breasts, (Boneless)
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup, (Cream of Chicken also works)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 4-6 Soft Tortilla Shells, (Torn into strips)
- 2-3 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 1 Cup Salsa, (Optional)
- 1/2 - 1 Cup Chilies or Peppers, (Optional)
Chicken Bake for Two:
→ 4 Chicken Breasts
→1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
→ 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
→ 3-4 Soft Shell Tortillas
→2 Cups Shredded Cheese
- Cut chicken breasts in squares or strips. Season to taste. ( I use salt, pepper, and little bit of garlic powder).
- Grill chicken until cooked through.
- In a small bowl mix cream of mushroom soup and the sour cream.
- Layer the bottom of a greased 13X9 baking dish with soft tortilla shells.
- Add the cream mixture.
- Spread chicken evenly over the top (if using chilies or peppers add those as well).
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese (If adding salsa do that before or after adding the cheese).
- Continue steps 4-7 until pan is full (End with tortilla shells on top). Makes about 3 to 4 layers.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 45 mintues or until golden brown and bubbly.
The above recipe is more geared toward mexican flavors, however there are so many other options to choose from.
You could go veggie heavy with:
- green onions
Or you could take the ooey gooey route and loaded it with cheese and cream.
I could even see this being delicious as a spicy bbq bake with:
- paprika and chili powder
- bbq sauce
This recipe is versatile and can be made to cater to any flavor combination. The possibilities are truly endless for this simple and quick dinner.
This easy chicken dish is filling enough to stand alone, however if desired it can also be served with broccoli and cheese, mixed veggies, or rice. Chicken bake is a delicious and perfect dish for these cold months. The possibilities for this cheesy creamy chicken bake are endless, fill it with the flavors that your family loves and enjoy!
© 2013 Cholee Clay