- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding Recipe
Chocolate Self Saucing Recipe
This is one of my favorite recipes to make for two reasons it is ridiculously delicious and extremely easy to make. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and 35-40 minutes to bake in the oven. It is a great dessert however there is no reason why you couldn't make this meal at anytime of the day. I think it goes best with a little bit of fresh cream but it could also be quite nice with a little vanilla or french vanilla ice cream. I have included a video below which shows you step by step how to make this recipe.
Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 desert spoon cocoa, for pudding mixture
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa, For the Sauce
Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding Directions
- Before you do anything preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. First melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add the butter to your bowl which you are going to use to bake this pudding it will need to be oven proof. You could even melt the butter in this bowl that way it is one less thing to clean up afterwards.
- Now add all of your dry ingredients to the mixing bowl which is 1 cup of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 desert spoon of cocoa, 1/2 a cup of sugar mix well and then start adding your milk you will use around 1/2 - 3/4 of a cup of milk.
- Now to make the sauce put your kettle on and boil enough water so that you have 1 & 1/4 cups of boiling water.
- Place 1/2 a cup of sugar into a separate bowl or large cup and 1 tablespoon of cocoa. Once your water has boiled pour it over your cocoa and sugar and mix well into the sugar and cocoa has dissolved completely.
- Now pour your chocolate sauce mixture over your pudding mixture and cover your baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes in an oven preheated to 180 Degrees Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit.