Easy Coffee Cake Recipe
Coffee cake is a great treat for a weekend morning, or as a snack anytime.This recipe makes a hearty, moist cake with a crunchy, crumbly topping. My family loves it and I hope yours does too!
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, Softened
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 Degrees. Cream egg, softened butter, and sugar together. Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Begin adding the dry ingredients, starting with the baking soda, then salt and finally the flour. Mix until a thick batter forms. Spread batter evenly into a loaf pan.
- In a seperate bowl or measuring cup mix 1 Tablespoon of softened butter with the cinnamon, Tablespoon of flour and brown sugar. Finally, sprinkle mixture over cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.