Easy Cooking Pumpkin Seeds
This tasty food is ready in as little as 10 minutes.
Have you ever roasted pumpkin seeds?
Get Halloween going with some great decor from Amazon. Add this to those beautiful or scary carvings.
The seeds of most fruit is not edible. Pumpkins are among the few exceptions.
Halloween and pumpkins are a combination seen every year all over the country. They are a natural scene during the fall month of October. In fact, they go hand in hand for countless people. Not only are pumpkins a brilliant display of fruit that brightens the fall season, they are also a very edible piece of nature.
Pumpkins are displayed in whole or in part. Some folks enjoy carving out faces, designs and other intricate patterns on them. Scores of times when a pumpkin is carved for Halloween there is a treat which goes to waste, the seeds.
The inside is wasted
The inside of this large orange friend is full of what is called "guts". These "guts" are a combination of slick (usually chalky colored) strands of pulp and seeds.The stringy portion is not a great tasting treat, but the seeds are another matter. These are wonderful when cooked a variety of ways. The favorite among many is roasting in the oven.
Countless times the holiday is full of hustle and bustle. Getting around to roasting the seeds as treats for later is overlooked. Make this year different; roast those pumpkin seeds with ease. A couple of minutes out of the day produces these tasty treats.
Good and healthy as well
This is an extremely simple recipe for roasting pumpkin seeds to put just a little bit more in fun into Halloween this year. Along with being yummy these items are also extremely healthy. These are terrific from a healthy stand point because they are full of anti-oxidants as well as high in fiber and protein.
Making Roasted Pumpkin Seeds;
Ingredients and equipment needed
· 1 large Pumpkin
· 1 Large sharp serrated knife
· 1 average sized cookie sheet
· 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
· Seasoning of salt and pepper and optional for garlic or onion powder
1. When carving the pumpkin, separate the seeds from the rest of the insides. Wash them well and lay on paper towels to dry. Let them sit for at least ½ hour to drain excess water.
2. After pumpkin seeds are dry, spread oil across cookie sheet. Place seeds across cookie sheet in even layer. Season seeds after spreading across cookie sheet. Use seasoning salt and pepper. Garlic and onion powder are delicious as well
3. Preheat oven to at 275 degrees
4. Cook in preheated over for at least 10 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Stir every 5-10 minutes to provide even coating of seasoning.
For a little bit different pumpkin seed twists try these variations;
Lemony seeds=4 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash. Substitute butter for vegetable oil and Mrs. Dash is okay as only seasoning.
Halloweeny=4 tablespoons of melted butter ( in place of vegetable oil) 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ½ teaspoon of ground ginger, ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper.
Natural=4 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 teaspoon of sea salt
One trick for a fast dry of the pumpkin seeds is to use a blow dryer after washing for a quicker drying time.
.This is a quick and fast way to make a delicious snack from a product generally tossed into the garbage. These are healthy and tasty. Give it a try the next time a pumpkin comes this way for carving.
This is a neat trick. Transfer a pattern to a pumpkin for carving accuracy. Any design is possible.
© 2011 smcopywrite