- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Easy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Did you like this recipe? Rate it!
I'm a big fan of my crock pot because it makes my life so much easier! I usually use my crock pot for dinner recipes, but I really love this breakfast crock pot recipe. This recipe can be prepared the night before and by morning you have a great hearty breakfast ready to go! It takes no more than 30 minutes prep time. This is a great recipe for families on the go! Don't have time to make breakfast for your children before school? Put this together the night before so that you don't have to worry about them going to school hungry!
- 1 Bag (32 oz.) Frozen Hash Browns
- 1 Pound Cooked Bacon (or Ham), Diced (or Cubed)
- Medium Onion, Diced
- Medium Green or Red Bellpepper, Diced
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- Start by adding a layer of hash browns to the bottom of the crock pot. Next, add a layer of bacon and onions, followed by a layer of peppers and cheese. Repeat this process until you have 2-3 layers. Top with a layer of cheese.
- Beat the eggs and milk together. Pour over the casserole. Cover and cook for 10-12 hours on low setting.
You can add seasonings as desired to suit your taste. Salsa is also a fun way to spruce up this recipe!
For a healthier version try this...
I'm all about being healthy, so whenever I come across a recipe that I love I always consider ways that I can make it healthier for myself and my family. For a healthier take on this crockpot breakfast casserole try using egg whites and leaving out the bacon (or ham). Try adding in more veggies like mushrooms or spinach for a crockpot veggie casserole without the added calories of the bacon. You can also opt to use another type of shredded cheese that is lower in fat and calories. I've tried using swiss and it worked great!