Easy Cuban Flan Recipe
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Cook Time 1 Hour
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk ( 14 ounce)
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 fluid ounce)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 eggs
- a pinch of Salt
- aluminum foil
- baking pan 8 inches round or square
- roasting pan (larger than baking pan)
- medium saucepan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour sugar in saucepan over medium low heat, melt sugar until completely liquefied and golden in color. Pour hot syrup into an 8 inch baking dish. Turn the dish side to side to evenly coat the bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, mix in condensed milk, evaporated milk, salt, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour mixture into baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil. Under the baking dish place the roasting pan and fill halfway with water.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Let it cool completely in a refrigerator.
- When completely cool insert a butter knife around the edges of the flan and invert on a serving plate.