Easy Desserts to Make for Guests
We All Scream For Easy Desserts to Make
One of the most simple and easy desserts to make for guests is ice cream. You can make a quick batch of ice cream with some fruit, heavy cream, and sugar. Using either a blender or food processor, blend
10 ounces of frozen fruit and half a cup of sugar until smooth. Slowly pour in 2/3 cup heavy cream until the mixture has a creamy consistency. You can serve this finished dessert immediately or freeze it to serve later. There are many different flavors you can try for this homemade ice cream, but here are some favorites:
You can also combine flavors, like the following combinations:
- peach mango
- strawberry banana
- blackberry raspberry
Fruit Cobblers Are Easy Desserts to Make
If you have some canned fruit and bread on hand, you probably have everything you need to make an easy cobbler. Cobbler is one of many easy desserts to make using fruit, and you can serve it with ice cream.
To make an easy fruit cobbler, start by draining a large (29 ounce) can of fruit. Dump the fruit into a greased, 9-inch square baking dish. Next, cut five slices of bread into strips. Layer the bread pieces on top of the fruit. In a medium bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, 1 egg and 1/2 cup of butter. Pour this mixture over the bread and fruit. Bake the cobbler in a preheated 350-degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
You can use any canned fruit for this recipe, but here are some popular options:
What Type of Dessert Are You?view quiz statistics
Even Pies Can Be Easy Desserts to Make
If you're looking for old-fashioned easy desserts to make, pie is always good. However, rolling out pie crust can take forever, and not everyone keeps pre-made pie shells on hand for last minute guests. Luckily, you can make a crustless pie that's just as good as traditional pie.
Many different versions of impossible pies are out there including pumpkin, coconut, and vanilla custard. Here are some popular recipes:
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie: This pie tastes just like traditional pumpkin pie, only it makes its own crust. It's custardy and sweet with some spices.
- Impossible Buttermilk Pie: The main ingredient in this pie is buttermilk, and the recipe makes a simple but delicious custard pie.
- Impossible Coconut Pie: This is another custard pie with coconut in the recipe. The coconut rises to the top for a delicious, browned layer of crunchy coconut.
These recipes are all easy desserts to make. You can customize your own impossible pie by adding your own ingredients or toppings.
Easy Desserts to Make Using Store Bought Ingredients
Perhaps the ultimate easy desserts to make for guests, pre-made desserts are often delicious but obviously not homemade. You can get around this by disguising pre-made desserts to look homemade. Here are some creative twists on pre-made desserts.
- Make a trifle. Take a store bought cake, cut it into pieces and layer it with pudding, crushed cookies, whipped cream, and other goodies. Put your layers into a trifle dish and you will create one of the most beautiful desserts to make with no required baking.
- Use pre-made dough in creative ways. You can use cookie dough from the store as a base for many easy desserts to make. For example, you can spread store bought cookie dough into a pizza pan, bake it according to the directions, and then top the finished cookie with toppings like candy, other cookies, and melted chocolate to make your own dessert pizza.
Easy Desserts to Make with Your Guests
If you're sneaky, you can even trick your guests into making dessert for you and just act like it's supposed to be fun. All joking aside, guests may enjoy making their own dessert because they can totally customize it to their personal taste. To set up a dessert station with easy desserts to make, bake some simple sugar cookies, like these. Then, sit out some different frostings, candies, and toppings, and let your guests decorate their own cookie for dessert. You can do this with a number of other desserts, too, like cupcakes, cheesecakes, or crepes.