- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Easy Dump Cake Recipe
Dump cake is one of my favorite desserts to make—and eat! It only requires a few simple ingredients, and it’s so quick and easy to make that children and first-time cooks can easily prepare it. Despite its simplicity however, dump cake is really a delicious dessert—I suggest keeping the ingredients stocked in your pantry at all times!
The recipe below is the classic version of dump cake, but you can easily experiment with flavors by using different types of fruit and/or different cake mix flavors. For example, you could use apple pie filling with spice cake, canned peaches with yellow cake, raspberry pie filling with chocolate cake, etc.
You can serve dump cake straight out of the oven, just allow it to cool for a few minutes to avoid burned tongues! It is fantastic served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 15.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- chopped nuts (optional)
- sweetened, flaked coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dump the pineapple into a 9"x13" pan and spread evenly across the bottom.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling evenly over the pineapple.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the cherry pie filling.
- Cut the butter into chunks and place evenly over the cake mix.
- If desired, sprinkle nuts and flaked coconut evenly over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 1 hour, until top is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.