Easy Fajita Nachos
A Delicious Nacho Dinner
This recipe hub describes how to make easy fajita nachos at home and how each individual csn personalize their own. There are several different toppings that you can serve on the top of the nachos. Along the way, you will find simple instructions for making this great tasting meal at home. It just might make you cancel dinner out, for a dinner at home. A candlelight dinner would be nice, with dishes set up that have a Mexican type theme.
Feed Me My Fajita
When it comes to this Mexican dish, you will realize that it is very easy. This recipe is very close to what you would eat at an Authentic Mexican restaurant and it's nice to be able to reproduce such awesome flavors with great ease and in the comfort of your own home. You make this dish easy by buying the fajita seasoning mix at the grocery store. No one has to know that it was bought from the store. That can be your secret. You can just take all the credit when everyone talks about how much they love your fajitas.
Now they sale "the white cheese dip" as we call it, in the grocery store. It comes in mild and hot. There is nothing wrong with smothering your tacos with this cheese dip either. You can also just serve the cheese dip as an appetizer with some salsa and tortilla chips. It would be a cute idea if your dinner involves eating at a table. At each place setting, have a little container of cheese dip, salsa and chips. If you have enough dishes to do that if you don't do a container of salsa, one of the cheese dip and a bowl for the chips and just let everyone dig in. You know your guests and depending on what type of dinner you are having will determine how you serve your dinner.
A cute idea is to set it up like a buffet of toppings and just place the nachos and toppings in the middle of the table and allow your guests to fix the toppings that they desire on their fajitas. Some of the toppings that you could use would be onions and/or green and white, sour cream, olives-green and/or black. Cheese-I have to admit for tacos, my favorite is cheddar cheese or the Mexican blend, is also very good as well.
A tip that I would give you as well, is to use different kinds of meat if you want to rather than the shredded chicken. You can use strips of beef (like steak), ground beef or strips of chicken and don't forget to use shrimp, if you like it. If you want the ultimate nacho night each person could prepare their own meat and topping on the nachos. If someone wants some heat with their nachos, serve these with some jalapenos. You can serve the beef (steak), ground beef, strips of chicken and shrimp in separate bowls so that each guest can personalize their own fajitas.
It is a good idea to go to one of the stores in your area that sales in bulk, to get the meat, cheese and chips. If you are fixing food for a party then, large quantities of cheese and meat will be needed. It is better to have more than enough cheese than to run short or run out.
You will get nothing but rave reviews each time that you fix these fajitas. They are easily prepared and loved by all. What my guests always comment on, is the fact that everything is separated so each person can fix their fajita to their liking.
Please feel free to leave your thoughts or suggestions in the comments box located at the bottom of this page.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 5 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- Yields: 2 servings
Have You Had It?
Have you ever had fajita nachos?
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 package Lawry's spices and seasonings for fajitas
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 oz. tortilla chips
- 1 1/4 cups (5oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4oz) monterry jack cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4oz) black and/or green olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/3-1/4 cup vidalia onion, sauteed
- 1/2-1 cup salsa or picante sauce
- 1 (8oz) container sour cream
- 1/3-1/2 cup jalapenos, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped and sauteed
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped and sauteed
- 1/2 yellow bell peppers, chopped and sauteed
- In a medium skillet, combine the chicken, spices and seasonings for fajitas and the water. Blend well. Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for three minutes. In a large shallow oven proof platter, you can go ahead and arrange the chips.
- Top the chips with cheese and follow that with the chicken. Feel free to add additional cheeses at this point. Then, place it under a broiler or put in the microwave to melt the cheese.
- Then put your favorites as far as the topping on top of your nachos. The following are some suggestions to top off your nachos: tomatoes, olives, onions, salsa and green onions, if desired.
- Some additional things that can be served on the side are sour cream, sauteed onions (because, everyone doesn't like onions), green onions, jalapenos, guacamole, olives (both green and black).
Chicken Fajita Nachos Recipe
- Easy Sausage Cheese Tarts
This simple recipe hub shows how to make bite sized sausage tarts. These are quick to mix up and if you have a tart pan that is perfect for this recipe. In this hub you will find, pictures, ratings capsule, a poll, a quiz, commentary are included in
- Country Ham and Cheese Casserole Recipe
This casserole recipe features you tube videos, pictures, ingredients, cook time, a ratings capsule. When making a ham and cheese casserole you use ham, seasoned croutons and cheese.
- Simple Pan Roasted Garlic Shrimp
This a favorite of mine and mom's favorite meals to cook while at the beach. We get the fresh shrimp from the gulf and we dig in. This dish is a one skillet meal. This is also nice dish to fix at home for a romantic evening. It is also not a crime to
- Muffaletta Mix Recipe by Leslie
This is a recipe that I was given on how to make Muffalettas at home. This hub features step by step instructions on making the Muffaletta/Olive Salad Mix. A poll, a quiz and commentary as well as pictures are all included in this blog.
- Homemade Red Velvet Cake
This article gives you the ingredients on how to make a great Red Velvet Cake. Ratings, cook time and instructions are listed here as well as pictures, video clips, commentary and a poll.
- Leslie's Lasagna
This is a recipe on my Five Cheese Lasagna which has ground Chuck, ricotta, cheddar, provolone, White American and Asagio cheeses. Ingredients, cook times, nutrition and other cooking tips are featured in this hub along with pictures, videos, polls,
A great idea for a rehearsal dinner if you are going to do a themed party would be to have a Mexican themed dinner. You can use the ideas given in the above hub.
It would be fun to have a party outside in the backyard, front yard or where ever you have room to have some outside fun.
Fast Fajita Nachos
© 2013 Buster Johnson