- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Easy Garlic Chicken & Asparagus Recipe
- 1to2 Tbls Butter or Margarine
- 2 Tbls Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbls Minced Garlic, *or fresh cloves if desired
- 1 Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 Small Bunch Fresh Asparagus Stalks
- You can use any type of thawed boneless chicken breast. I prefer the quick and easy single serve marinated chicken breasts that come pre-packaged at my grocery store. Pound for tenderness and then cube or slice into small strips, whatever your preference.
- Wash and cut asparagus into 1 to 2 inch sections and set aside. You can use fresh cloved garlic, or I buy the minced garlic in a jar for quick and easy dinner nights. If you decide to use cloved, finely slice and chop 3 to 5 cloves (depending on how much you like garlic!)
- Heat oil, butter and garlic in large non-stick skillet/pan. Should only take a minute or two. Once garlic is lightly browned, add chicken pieces and cook over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side until no longer pink.
- Add cut asparagus to the pan and stir to combine garlic & butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover pan and cook over medium to low heat for another 5 to 6 minutes, or until asparagus is to your desired tenderness.
© 2014 ImaSurvivor74