- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Easy Garlic Chicken Pasta Dinner
This recipe has been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl and it was a regular dinner in our house growing up. I make it for my husband often, but it never seems to taste as good as when Mom made it. I suppose that is true for most of us and our Mothers cooking.
This is the perfect meal to make when your on a time crunch or exhausted. There aren't too many steps or ingredients and very little prep work is involved. Plus, you won't have to use every dish you own, making clean up simple and easy.
- 2 breasts Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Varies by quantity needed Dry Linguine Noodles
- 1 Bag Frozen California Blend Vegetables
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Margarine or EVOO
- Parmesan Cheese, (optional)
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces and cook in uncoveredd skillet with 1 tablespoon butter. Add garlic powder (or minced fresh garlic) to taste over medium heat.
- Begin cooking pasta according to box al dente directions. *Quick tip, you can throw a noodle at a wall and if it sticks to the wall your pasta is done!
- When chicken is mostly cooked add bag of frozen vegetables to skillet, an additional tablespoon of butter and a little more garlic powder. Cover skillet and allow to continue cooking.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and place in large bowl.
- Being sure that vegetables are al dente and chicken is thoroughly cooked add the mixture to the pasta, including any juices left in skillet. Mix well with remaining butter. Taste your delicious meal and add additional garlic powder if needed.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired and enjoy!
This pasta can be easily changed and added to. I often add shrimp and yellow squash. You can switch out the vegetable blends for your favorite or take out the chicken to make it a vegetarian dish. Using EVOO instead of butter will make this a much healthier dish. You can also use real garlic cloves instead of garlic seasonings. Try adding other seasonings that you love like Mrs. Dash blends, pepper or onions.