Easy Gluten Free Plain Pakora Recipe
How many stars for this Recipe
The idea of plain pakora came to my mind when my husband declared he dislikes the taste of onions and potato in regular pakoras yet he wants to enjoy the crispy appetizer with all the goodness of gluten free gram flour same as besan flour. It was then I decided to give plain pakora a try. A pakora sans onion and potato; sounds novel but it turned out to be so good even our picky toddler likes them. Give this recipe a try and you will become a fan of... Plain Pakora.
Ingredients of Plain Pakora are usually found in every pantry
- 1 cup Besan Flour, same as chick pea flour or gram flour
- 1 tsp salt
- A pinch of Red chilli powder, or to taste
- A pinch of black cumin seeds, optional
- 1/4 tsp Chaat masala, optional
- 1 pinch parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 2 cup cooking oil, canola or vegetable oil
- Mix besan flour,salt,chilli powder,baking soda,parsley flakes,cumin seeds with 1 cup or more of water to form a smooth batter.
- With the help of a whisk make sure that no lumps remain.
- Heat oil in a deep pan on medium heat.
- Take a dinner spoon and take heapfuls of batter and drop one by one in the hot oil.
- Turn the heat to low and cook for a minute on each side.
- Take out with a slotted spoon and place over a platter lined with paper towel.
- Serve alone or with a dipping of your choice. I like them with Imli ki chutney or mint chutney. See my other hubs for recipes of different sorts of chutney.
- Use a whisk or use hands to mix the batter to avoid lumps.
- Do not use too much baking soda otherwise pakoras will absorb a lot of oil and become heavy. a pinch per half cup of besan is a good ratio.
- Pakoras are best of deep fried in a heavy bottom wok.(kadahi)
- Prepare pakoras when to be served. Already prepared batter in the fridge will not give the same result.
Check out some other kinds of pakoras.
- Eggplant Pakora With Mint Chutney
Tasty snack recipe of eggplant or baingan cutlets in naturally gluten free gram flour batter deep fried until they are crispy. Eggplant pakoras are a great tea time snack or a starter to any meal.
- Gram Flour Fritters With Spinach and potato/Palak Pa...
Crispy fritters made with Gluten Free Gram flour ,spinach,potato and spices served with mint chutney.Gram flour fritters aka Besan Pakora is the most popular dish of Ramadan and all year around.
© 2015 Ash