Easy Gluten and Dairy Free Chex Mix Recipe
There's plenty of freedom to play with this recipe so you can easily change it up each time you need some easy on-the-go snacks. This snack mix is made with chex squares, popcorn, and roasted peanuts. Try adding some pretzels for a little more crunch! This version is spiced up with garlic, chili powder, and parmesan cheese. You can easily remove or add spices depending on preferences. Try adding a hint of lime juice to add a little zest, or a hint of onion powder. The possibilities are endless. Enjoy!
- 8 cups Gluten Free Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 bag (3 oz) Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free popcorn, popped
- 1/4 cup Dry-Roasted Peanuts
- 3 tablespoons Conola or Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
A Few Tips
I will admit, I had to go on a bit of a treasure hunt to find the popcorn and parmesan cheese that are both gluten free and dairy free. I found them from my local sprouts, however, I did have to try a few different sprouts before I found the parmesan cheese. Honestly, the snack mix tastes just as good without it, so don't stress about it if you can't find it!
I did not have a bowl large enough to comfortably mix the ingredients, so I just kept transferring/tossing the ingredients from the biggest bowl I could find and the large roasting pan. Whatever works to get it all evenly coated!
- Heat oven to 300 degrees
- In a VERY LARGE bowl, mix cereal, popcorn, and peanuts. Drizzle with oil and toss/mix until evenly coated.
- Once the mix is coated with oil, mix in the remaining ingredients. Spread evenly in a large, un-greased roasting pan.
- Back uncovered 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Bake uncovered for an additional 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
I originally found and modified this recipe from the Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Cook book. I highly suggest it! It is very easy to substitute some of the ingredients for dairy-free options.