- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy Ham and Cheese Stuffed Biscuits | A Quick Meal that the Kids Will Love
How many nights a week are you pressed for time to cook and eat a "proper" meal?
A quick easy meal that you can eat on the go.
Like many families, our kids schedules sometimes seem to dominate our evenings. I try to resist the temptation to resort to fast food drive thru to feed my busy, hungry kids. This is a great meal to serve on those days I am just to pushed for time to make a nice sit down meal for my family. These ham and cheese biscuits hit the spot, and I can be cook them up while the kids are working on their homework. Best of all if we are just plain out of time they are easy to take with us and eat in the car.
Cooks up quick, with ingredients that are on hand.
One of the best things about this meal is that it uses only three ingredients all of which are usually on hand in our house. I serve these biscuits with a handful of fresh raw veggies to bump up the nutrition value a bit.
- Refrigerator Biscuit Dough: I use the "Flaky Biscuits" by Immaculate Baking Co., but any variety and any brand will do. You can even use crescent roll dough if that is what you have on hand.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: Once again, this is my prefered cheese for this recipe mainly because I always have a bag in my fridge. I'm sure it would be delicious with swiss or whichever cheese you have available.
- Ham Slices: Today I used ham slices that were left over from a quiche I made this weekend. The thick slices work nice, but lunch meat slices work great, too. Any variety of deli meat works as well so give turkey, roast beef or salami slices a try too.
- Fresh Veggies: Today we had some nice cherry tomatoes ripe in the garden so I served them up with the biscuits, but we have also had baby carrots, celery sticks and pea pods with this meal as well. I prefer veggies that can be taken with us in the car so I stick to finger food veggies, but if you are eating at home, try serving this with a bag salad.
Fridge to table in less than a half an hour!
Ingredients for Ham and Cheese Biscuits
- 1 tube refrigerator biscuit dough
- 4 slices thick cut ham, halve each slice
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese, slices are fine, too.
Easy Instructions for Ham and Cheese Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pop open the biscuits and arrange on a cookie sheet. Split each biscuit dough in half and put a ham piece and about an oz of cheese in between the layers.
- Press the dough back together around the edges. Don't worry about being perfect, it looks nice when the cheese and ham peek out in places.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown on the tops. It takes about an extra two minutes than the outside cooktime on the package due to the ham and cheese inside.
- Serve when hot for best flavor, but they can also be reheated in a toaster oven for breakfast the next morning if you have some leftover.
Nutrition Info for the Ham and Cheese Biscuits in this Recipe
|Serving size: One Ham and Cheese Biscuit|
|Calories from Fat||144|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 16 g||25%|
|Saturated fat 10 g||50%|
|Protein 21 g||42%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Note on the Nutrition Facts I've included
The nutrition facts I have included are based on the brands of food I used today. If you use different ingredients which I am sure you will, be aware that your values may in turn be a little different from what I have calculated.