- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy Healthy Breakfast: Baked Egg and Avocado Recipe
The baked egg in avocado has recently become 'Instagram famous', and is somewhat of a phenomenon. If you follow any fitness or healthy eating Instagram accounts, chances are you've encountered the infamous 'Baked Egg in Avocado' photos.
Instagrammers LOVE this recipe, and for good reason (and no, it's not just because it looks good).
- 1 half Avocado
- 1 Egg
- A sprinkle Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chilli pepper (optional), chopped
How to make 'Egg in Avocado' from Instagram
- Slice one avocado in half. Remove and dispose of the avocado stone and place one half in the refrigerator.
- Now, using a tablespoon, scoop out half a handful of the avocado and dispose of it.
- Crack one whole egg in to the avocado. If you are using a chopped chilli, add one teaspoon to the top of the egg.
- Place the avocado half with the egg inside, in to a small baking dish or on to a baking tray, standing its underside in tin foil to ensure it doesn't topple over.
- Leave in oven at 150 degrees for 15 minutes or until egg is baked. To check it is cooked, give it a wobble. The egg should wobble, but only slightly.
- Leave to cool for 2 minutes once cooked.
- Add a pinch of pepper and serve.
You can try adding a combination of different toppings - bacon and cheese may not be the healthiest option, but if you're having a lazy Sunday morning, and it's cheat day, then why not!
Other toppings you could try include:
- Tabasco Chipotle sauce
- Tomato puree
- Cheese and chives
- Tomato ketchup
- Cherry tomatoes