- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Easy Homemade Almond Coffee Cake
This is a sweet, fluffy cake that tastes great served with any dark roast coffee or espresso. If you’re planning a party or going to a potluck or picnic, it’s a good idea to make this a day before.
2 cups all-purpose or cake flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 ½ cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Butter flavored cooking spray
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup sliced, crushed or chopped almonds
2 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Pre-heat oven 350 degrees f.
2. Spray butter flavored baking spray into a 9x13 baking pan.
3. In a mixing bowl sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Using a standing mixer, or egg beater, cream butter and sugar.
5. Add heavy whipping cream, and mix together.
6. Add eggs one at a time (make sure egg is incorporated before add next one).
7. Add vanilla and mix.
8. Add flour mixture in thirds; mixing well, before add the next third.
9. Pour batter into pan.
1. In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, almonds, and melted butter and mix well.
2. Spread mixture over the top of batter before baking.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. Cool completely before cutting and serving.
Other Recipes By Edgar Arkham
- Chocolate Cheesecake With Chocolate Graham Cracker C...
This is my recipe for a chocolate cheesecake. Enjoy!
- Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is my recipe for whole wheat peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!
- Rhubarb Pie with Strawberries and Homemade Whipped C...
I didn't like rhubarb pie until I had it with another fruit added. This is the way I make it with strawberries. Thought I would share it and my homemade whipped cream. Enjoy.
- How To Make Homemade Chocolate Bran Muffins
This is my recipe for chocolate whole wheat bran muffins with dark choclate chips. They taste great and better for you than chocolate cupcakes. Enjoy!