- Food and Cooking
Easy Homemade Bread
Recipe for One Day Dutch Oven bread
3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup of warm water (85-95 degress F)
1 tbsp. yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
pinch of baking soda
olive oil (or canola/vegetable)
1-2 tbsp of butter, warm.
Tools you'll need
large mixing bowl
dutch oven or loaf pan
- mix sugar and yeast into warm water until yeast dissolves. Set aside for 5 minutes or until frothy.
- mix dry ingredients (salt, baking soda, flour) into mixing bowl. When yeast mixture foams, slowly stir into dry ingredients. mix dough thoroughly.(if dough becomes too dry, add a tbsp or two of oil)
- Cover mixing bowl with clear wrap or a baker's towel and let rise in a warm spot for 3-4 hours.
- Oil your dutch oven well, including sides. Add warm butter to the bottom of the pan (and sides if you want extra buttery goodness)
- remove cover from dough, which should have expanded 2-3 times in size. Wet hands with oil, allowing excess to drip into dough. Scoop out dough with oiled hands and work it, shaping it into a ball.
- Place dough in dutch oven and add lid. place immediately into cool oven. Turn oven on to 450 degrees and set timer for twenty five minutes.
- Remove lid from dutch oven and continue baking bread at 450 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until crust is shade of brown you desire. Carefully remove bread from dutch oven with towel or a clean pot holder and let cool for two hours.
- Slice & enjoy!