Easy Homemade Lemon Cupcakes recipe
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 25 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- Yields: 20 cupcakes
Cupcakes are fun to make and even more enjoyable to eat. They seem to always make you feel like you're 6 years old again. Growing I always loved the chocolate ones with chocolate frosting, but as I got older I began to appreciate other flavors. Lemon cupcakes are one my favorites now. I decided to share a recipe for some of these lemon ones topped with a lemon glaze. These are easy to make and simple enough to assemble that you can get a few batches done is less than an hour. Don't be afriad to double this recipe if you want to make more.
2 cups All-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 Egg yolks
¾ cup milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Fit 20 cupcake foil into cupcake baking tin (1 12-cup and 1 8-cup one)
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
4. Mix the unsalted butter and sugar together, in a standing mixer, until fluffy.
5. Add the vanilla, lemon juice and eggs all at once and blend well.
6. Add the flour mixture in three alternate parts with three alternating parts of milk. (1/3 flour then 1/3 milk…)
7. Fill the cupcakes foils in the cupcake tins until they are half way full (example picture below).
8. Bake cupcakes for 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool, before topping and serving.
10. Top with a lemon glaze (1/2 cup powdered sugar + 2 tablespoons lemon juice whisked together; this is enough to cover all 20 cupcakes).
Other Cake Recipes by Edgar Arkham
- Easy Homemade Almond Coffee Cake
Here is an easy recipe for almond coffee cake. Enjoy!
- Homemade Dark Chocolate Covered Sponge Cake Squares
Here's a recipe for Dark Chocolate Covered Sponge Cake Squares. Enjoy!
- Homemade Burnt Almond Cake Recipe
Here's a recipe for a homemade burnt almond cake. Enjoy!
- Homemade Flourless Chocolate Cake Using Chocolate Gr...
A recipe for a flourless chocolate cake, using some ground up graham crackers. Enjoy!